Triton spellbind TCO question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings,

I apologise if electric shower queries are better suited for the appliances section. Anyway after a bit of a crash course in electric showers (a thank you to all on here for previous advice) I have identified a faulty TCO in my Triton Spellbind shower (no continuity). Triton now don't sell this part, they will sell it with the heater can assembly (£100), this isn't my preferred option as the TCO (part number - 22010270) should be £20 tops.

My question is, are there any other TCO's that would work? There seem to be very similar parts for other Triton models.

Failing that can anybody help me understand what the serial numbers on the TCO mean?

T-O-D 60TF114
22010270 (this is the part number)
L85C L100C
S07123 (this seems less important as this number differs in pictures I've seen)

A link to the discontinued part;
http://www.showerspares.com/triton_...riton_spellbind_thermal-cut_out_tco_22010270/

Thank you in advance,

Tommy

Sponsored Links
After spending most of last night & this morning looking for a spare TCO I have come up empty. I continued digging into this and have found out that although a different TCO would probably work, albeit there's a chance that I would get a slightly reduced performance, each Triton TCO has the pin connectors set at a different angle so it would not fit. I have every faith this has been done entirely on safety reasons....

I got a bit further in understanding the numbers on the TCO;

T-O-D 60TF114
22010270 (this is the part number)
L85C L100C (these are the cut out temperatures of the TCO)
S07123 (this seems less important as this number differs in pictures I've seen)

Just putting this information up on the off chance it may help somebody else someday. Now to decide on giving Triton £100 or buy another shower entirely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back