truss loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

4th baby due so need extra bedroom!!!!

I have got a truss loft height from felt at the top to plaster board below is 2.6m

Had a loft conversion company round a they said it would just be possible if I put 2 large velux above the new stair to get min head room of 2m.
I don't want dormas.

I would have to have steels put in to support roof and upgrade joists etc.

£28000 for just the construction. I was going to do plastering, insulation, and change heating system to combi to free up loft. Seems very expensive to me.

As I'm struggling with head room is there any other method you can used instead of timber joist? as these will have to be 6 to 9" Can you use steel in smaller sizes?

Just trying to get and idear of room size when finished?

Sponsored Links
balders said:
As I'm struggling with head room is there any other method you can used instead of timber joist? as these will have to be 6 to 9" Can you use steel in smaller sizes?
You can but will need to have a stress load calulation for the RSJ. My loft conversion height is 2.350m and not has any problem specially one of my son is 6' 5" :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back