Truss slithers towards Windfall Tax

Truss is toast.

whatever happens from now on, Truss will get the blame for peoples mortgage rises -despite the fact it would have happened anyway

Sponsored Links
Truss is toast.

whatever happens from now on, Truss will get the blame for peoples mortgage rises -despite the fact it would have happened anyway
She'll be gone by Haloween according to the R-inger rags. 17days and counting...unless she listens to her backbenchers and falls into line with the Parliamentary party.

But the question is would the rates have risen so high so fast without her disastrous policies?

The markets have lost confidence in a small country that seems intent on self destruction, and are acting accordingly!

Truss is toast.

Would that be Kwasi (quasi) toast? ;)

Sponsored Links
Karzi is down the toilet, but if he drags her ankle and takes her with him before she's shot, who's gonna replace her?

Rees the moggy?

Karzi is down the toilet, but if he drags her ankle and takes her with him before she's shot, who's gonna replace her?

Rees the moggy?

Larry the moggy is better liked, more respected, and more sensible, with a greater following in the country.

But the question is would the rates have risen so high so fast without her disastrous policies?

The markets have lost confidence in a small country that seems intent on self destruction, and are acting accordingly!
I dont think so, Its clear mortgage rates would have crept up because the UK would have had to raise int rates to match the fed.

but the market was spooked and the bond market was in danger of a freefall

I dont think so, Its clear mortgage rates would have crept up because the UK would have had to raise int rates to match the fed.

but the market was spooked and the bond market was in danger of a freefall
So who spooked the market?

And who made the 'freefall' a certainty?

Oh that's right, it was the trussed up one!

If furlough cost 300bn or summat, why all the spookedness over 65bn? Someone explain please?

If furlough cost 300bn or summat, why all the spookedness over 65bn? Someone explain please?

Interesting one. The pound started collapsing against the dollar after the BOE raised interest rates less than expected, then the budget and an accelerated fall, then an American commentator stated he was surprised the IMF didn't get involved, next day the IMF did indeed get involved. Apart from the tax cuts the IMF flagged up the energy price cap and the costs involved, 'hello' I thought, just last week everyone and his dog was complaining we weren't doing enough on the energy price cap, indeed, we were doing less than other major European countries, although for some reason the IMF seem relaxed about European countries outspending us (and of course unfunded).

I'm indifferent toward Truss, wether or not the plan would have worked to increase growth (the IMF did concede last week that it would improve UK growth levels but at the cost of higher inflation) I don't know. Maybe it was worth a punt, maybe not, but whatever, the 'market' reaction was unusual, something wasn't quite right.

The Tories are currently *****d, no way will they win an election under Truss and there is no one standing out from the crowd who can.

Hang on though, there might be just one person who can save them, who can turn things around and pull them back from the abyss.

Boris-Johnson-caught-on-a-zipwire.jpg

Hang on though, there might be just one person who can save them, who can turn things around and pull them back from the abyss.

Boris-Johnson-caught-on-a-zipwire.jpg

This all sounds very Trumpian like.
We've just got the lunatics back in the asylum, and you want to let them out again? :ROFLMAO:

The pound started collapsing against the dollar after the BOE raised interest rates less than expected,
Not entirely true, They have been criticised for not starting to raise them earlier. Some MP's are blaming them for all but the ecconomists and money markets know they have the short end of the stick. If fiscal f's up they have to try and fix it also problems down to current world wide problems. Fact is those are causing us more problems than anyone else in the G7.
I'm indifferent toward Truss, wether or not the plan would have worked
Hasn't it struck you that the who thing has collapsed since the OBR got involved and also the IFS's comments which they had little chance of taking no notice of anyway.

I wonder if the remaining Truss supporters opposed to Windfall Profits Taxes will change their tune once they have been announced.

Sponsored Links
Back