TRV Broken Valve Spring

Joined
15 May 2022
Messages
5,157
Reaction score
1,343
Location
Cork
Country
Ireland
I keep reading about sticking valve pins in TRVs which can be freed up by pushing/tapping the valve pin. In decades of TRV usage I've never had this problem but after about 7/8 years the spring breaks which means the valve will only open (under spring pressure) a small amount leading to poor performance, the pin can easily be pulled out fully but will then revert to its small opening after one operation. The one attached is from a 7 year old EPH make that I changed today.
 

Attachments

  • TRV Broken Spring.jpg
    TRV Broken Spring.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 11

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top