TRV electric/electronic heads, what will fit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted two heads in mothers house, they work, but not really that good, they are too clever. They do not switch on and off, but gradually open and close, with the idea that will reduce the hysteresis, however when the sun comes out the room can shoot from 18°C to 24°C within an hour, the bay windows catch the sun specially in winter and when that happens I want the valve to turn off, not just start slowly reducing the flow.

I see adverts for items like this
Watts%20actuator-600x600.jpg
designed for underfloor heating, I wonder if these will fit a standard TRV? they look better than trying to install motorised valves and it would seem would control with a simple on/off, of course once a radiator is hot it will stay hot for some time, but with the heads I am now using even 6 hours latter the radiator is not cold, they are not hot the valve has closed but not completely. I am using the MiHome Energenie heads and in the bedroom with evening sun they are reasonable and keep the room within limits. But in living room we have either cool room when no sun has heated the room, or too hot where sun has come out.

Maybe I need to change the valve to match the head? But I don't fancy buying items just to see if they fit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back