Trying to remove taps on mixer unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is probably very basic - but how do I remove the cold tap on the mixer unit to fix a leak? Pic here:

http://imgur.com/BNIXr.jpg

I would have assumed prising off the blue circle and finding a nut/screw beneath but it doesn't seem to come off under a little pressure and I don't want to break it off before checking!

There is a grub screw in the central block which removes the spout but I cannot see any other obvious signs. I have removed the spout and the nozzle/aerator and the washers seem fine. Narrowed leak down (as far as I can tell) to the cold fitting as it's only with the cold supply on that the leak occurs, not with the hot.

Sponsored Links
Hmm. I've given it another go with a very small screwdriver trying to lever it up but it just seems to be taking chunks of plastic - the hot and (green) filter taps the same, no give at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back