Tumble dryer vent cap for when theres no dryer! ????????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. wasnt sure where best to put this so thougth I would put it here! I am in the process of building my back porch which will form a sort of utility room....

We would like to put a tumble dryer exhaust vent in the wall to future proof it (we currently have no dryer) however would rather that this vent hole is not permanently left open! - which would cause a bit of a draught!

Can you get a 'cap' that will seal off the vent hole when it is not in use? Ive looked around and cant seem to find anything! Just a plastic plate or something is all I'm looking for....

it will sit above a worktop so will be a bit of an eyesore left open, not to mention compromising my insulation etc! It wouldnt count towards ventilating the porch either as air bricks are going to be used to do this!

Any pointers / info would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
50078.jpg

hi thanks for the suggestion. I had thought of that however that is for a 110mm pipe. I believe that if I use a kit like this (http://www.screwfix.com/prods/11703/Heating-Cooling/Ducting/Manrose-Tumble-Dryer-Kit-100mm;jsessionid=I0SCR12RGTQQMCSTHZOSFFI) then the standard size is 100 mm.

do you recon I could just use standard 110mm soil pipe with a plug, and a vent cover thing screwed to the outside?

Sponsored Links
Expanding foam? can be cut away when needed. Cover it with a louvre vent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back