Tuning An Engine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

I have a 4G11 engine that have been recently overhauled.

During my first drive, I felt the power of the engine is reduced.

Even though how hard I accelerate, the power is still the same.

I keep on wondering, why?

Please, I need help... :(

Sponsored Links
No idea what type of engine that is or what is meant by 'overhauled' generally if you want to tune and engine you need to get your car on a rolling road, see how much power it puts down at the flywheel. Then get the car into a good state f tune as per factory specs, the RR again.

Once you have done this you have a baseline figure, then you can add more performance items such as remapping the ECU, cold air induction kits, hot cams etc etc all the time having a dyno done to see homuch power you're making each time.

I've ask the mechanic about my engine.

He told me that my engine needs a Top Overhaul (Major Repair) .

The valves inside the engine is not performing very well.

Plus the belt needs to be replace.

Thank you for your help guys.

Sponsored Links
A rolling road will not give you the power at the flywheel. It measures the power at the wheels. You need a dyno for flywheel output. Tuning. I'm an ex-dragger and can tell you a lot of the expensive rubbish on sale will actually decrease your power.
Tired cam and valves mean the valves don't open all the way or seal closed when supposedly shut. This will decrease power dramatically, more than you could recoup with bolt-on speed goodies.
A top end rebuild, new cam and valves will vary a lot in price depending on the engine. If you do need to hop it up, this is the time to do it, but check the reputations of those you want to do the work. The level of options equals the depth of your pockets.

Back