tuning tv

M

marsaday

I have put in a new lead for my aerial and the tv gets itv, but will not pick up bbc channels.

Is this likley to be an aerial problem or a TV tuning problem.

The aerial is in the loft.

Sponsored Links
Insufficient information. We need to know:

Are we discussing Freeview or analogue?
When did the problem begin?
Your postcode (so we can look up the signal strength prediction and determine which transmitter).
Aerial type/size.
Cable type and length.
Any amplifier fitted, or wall socket?
Anything else of relevance?

Isnt analogue turned off now ?

I assume it is freeview.

This is a house i rent out and the aerial is in the loft and the cabling was all chopped out by the previous owner (new house just bought).

So i have run 2 cables up to the loft to feed a bedroom tv point and the lounge tv point.

In the loft i have used a simple dual splitter and taken a single cable from here into the aerial.

there is no amp fitted.

cable length to the lounge is 10-11m

The cables plug straight into the tv.

We did a test the other day with a tv bought to the house and it tuned in itv only, but not the bbc channels.

Can you remove the splitter to take it out of the equation?

I would imagine the signal is too weak, possibly due to the splitter. On Freeview, channels are multiplexed together into groups. Most of the BBC channels are on Mux 1, while ITV are on Mux 2. (There are also other muxes) Usually Mux 1 had the higher transmitted output.

If it works when you remove a splitter, then replacing it with an amp might work.

Sponsored Links
Isnt analogue turned off now ?
Your location is a vague "Yorkshire" so you could well be receiving analogue from Bilsdale. I need your POSTCODE so I can check your predicted signal strength from whichever transmitter. If you really want help please just answer all the questions.

Did you tune in analogue or Freeview with the TV you brought in? If you don't know, please do it again and make sure it is scanning Digital and not Analogue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back