Turbomax 828

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good day,

Im having a bit of trouble with this boiler.

It seems the Hot water supply to the shower and taps is not hot anymore and the plumer was a bit Vague as to what the problem may be. It seems Vailiant was not his preffered type of boiler.

Ever since I can remember the shower was at its best when the heating to the radiators was off. Now the hot water taps are warm at best.

With the cover down and hot water running there is Heat to the diverter valve through the exchanger but the hot tap water outlet is not as hot as it should be.

What might be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
When your running a hot tap does the pipe on the very left get hot?

what colour is the control panel ? is it black with green buttons or is it grey turbomax 824 isnt enough to identify which model you have

Yes it gets very hot. Do you mean the CH flow?

It gets hot and when the tap is turned on the heat goes through the exchanger and through the outlet.

Sponsored Links
when you switch the boiler to HW only does the boiler fire up when you open a hot tap

Yes it gets very hot. Do you mean the CH flow?

It gets hot and when the tap is turned on the heat goes through the exchanger and through the outlet.

Yes the ch flow if this gets hot when trying to heat hw then your problem is simple to fix for someone who knows what they are doing.

Try a heating engineer rather than a plumber and I'm sure it will be sorted, just ask on the phone if they work on boilers.

when you switch the boiler to HW only does the boiler fire up when you open a hot tap

Yes it fires up ok and the hot supply goes through the exchanger. The hot tap heat is intermittent with a kind of swishing sound like the sea at the beach.

My understanding of the system is that the central heating radiator supply is diverted through the exchanger to heat up the hot water. Is this correct?

Cheers
Keith

Ok chaps, had another look at the boiler. There is heated water from the primary heater going into the tap water exchanger at a constant heat but at the outlet the heat varies from warm to hot. There is also an audable click that sounds related to this. Would this be the diverter after all?

Thanks
Keith

OK. Fixed the problem. Once I sussed out how the system operates. Quite simple really. My heat exchanger was partially blocked thus not allowing full heat transfer between the primary to the hot drinking water.

The exchanged was free enough to blow through but I did notice some black particles coming from the primary. I suppose the efficiency was down due to this black stuff and limescale present

Job start to finish about half an hour.

Ill be looking into flushing the system and adding some sort of chemical to prevent this.

Cheers
Keith

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back