Turbomax VUW 242E – Burner lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Turbomax VUW 242E. It was recently serviced and the Diverter Valve, Flow SW (Pump) and Pump AAV (FOC) were replaced. The Heat Exchanger was descaled too.

Since this service, the burner is locking out often, sometime 3-5 a day. We just need to reset/reignite to get the boiler work again. The engineer says that the control board needs to be replaced.

I have already spent considerable amount of money and want to seek some opinion/suggestions before spending more on a new control board.

Sponsored Links
When weighing up the costs bear in mind a Biasi A rated condensing combi boiler cost less than £600, the Biasi engineer here in Bristol told me he can beat B&Q prices.

Be aware, biasi are cheap to buy but when they go wrong (and they do) they are REALLY expensive for parts. Customer of mine needed a new thermistor, £46 :eek:. Also would move this to the plumbing forum ;)

Sponsored Links
would suspect the pump before the board,if if stops the ignition lock out is illuminate because the flow switch breaks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back