turning off rad with TRV Installed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to turn the rad off in the bedroom that has the combi in ,it is to hot in there One of the valves has TRV how do i shut it down .Do i just turn the one off you use to balance system or do i have to turn the TRV of as well .If so how thanks

Sponsored Links
if the TRV is not broken, just turn it down to a comfortable temperature. For example you say the room is too hot. Let's suppose it is at 25C. Turn the TRV down to about "3" which depending on make and position might be about 20C.

As the room is above that temperature, the TRV will turn the radiator off.

Thanks i see , What if i wanted to turn a radiator off altogether then or isnt there a need to if i do as you suggest

you mean if it was in a room that you wanted to freeze in cold weather, even if you had the heating turned on in the rest of the house? Otherwise there is no need and no point.

Some TRVs have a setting to allow that. Post a photo of yours and say the makers name, if present.

Sponsored Links
i get your drift Its not my house its my daughters so i wont be able to see what they are now I do remember them being number 1 and up to 4 or 5 also a snowflake emblem at the lower end if that is of help I will get back tomorrow thanks

Snowflake is the frost protection setting.

I have sorted the valves out with your help suggestions of closing the valve to half a turn upstairs and lowering TRVdown to two really helped i have even heating around the house after balancing them this way thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back