Turning on lights when returning home at night automatic?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can it be done? I have two smart bulbs, and two smart sockets, connected to google home, and at the moment I switch on lights manually using phone when I arrive home at night, but wonder if I can use geofencing to auto turn on lights when I arrive home.

Not that important the telegraphy bit was the real aim, and that works, but auto turning on would be icing on the cake.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if IFTTT would do that trick, it might. I've put Alexa on the phone cos the app (ewelink) for the relay cards is dog-slow to boot up.

Sponsored Links
@martygturner has the answer, need to see if it works, the smartlife and TCP devices set to switch off around midnight and 7 am so will not run too long if triggered, but the Wiz has advantage when it switches off it gradually dims out so not plunged into darkness, but can't find off timers on the app.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back