tv aerials

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.
MY region Calverton in Nottingham is a bad area for tv's.
There are 2 transmitters that I can receive from. One i cannot get channel 5 the oyther I can but not all the other channels. OK this is what ive done but somehow I think its wrong. I can show photos which is no prob. On a tall mast I fitted 2 aerials each one pointing at different transmitters. I joined them together at the mast head amp. One feed goes down to my tv in the lounge. Another feed goes to a powered splitter box in the loft that feeds 3 bedrooms. The mast head amp is fed by a powered booster which I plug my tv in the lounge to also. I also on the mast have an FM omni aerial. I do pick up signals ok as do the other rooms but I have a gut feeling that I have done things wrong. Please advise.

Sponsored Links
ensure you are looking at the right transmitters, you may think there are only two, there may be more

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/index.php

waltham.gif

Sponsored Links
ok, bottom line is the same as transmission, there are no substitutes for height and power, so a big high gain antenna and get it up as high as you can will be much better than loads of amps, if you must amp then amp as close as you can to the aerial to avoid amplifing interfernce

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back