TV booster / splitter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of serving TV from one aerial to wall plates in each room. I therefore likely need a 4 way splitter booster. I'm looking at the Labgear model, but am confused about the Aerial wall socket. I've no need for DAB, so installed Aerial only wall plates. I don't understand why I need an RF in between the TV and the wall plate? Anyone got any experience or recommend a mains powered booster. last time I did this, I ran the cable to loft in to a booster splitter and the aerial in to the booster.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Labgear/LDL204_LDL206_LDL208_Instructions.pdf

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I've been happy with the labgear in my loft. It seems to have coped well with the high temperatures.

I don't know what you mean about the 'rf between TV and wall plate'. Is it this?

Screenshot_20210922-122547_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

That is just an IR extender, not necessary for you.

You will need f-connector plugs to connect to the Labgear, but I preferred them anyway :)

Thanks both. The lab gear is the same price as the above. Not sure which is better and I personally also like screw connections which can’t be accidentally knocked out.

Sponsored Links
Have you measured the signal levels and bit error rates off the aerial? It could well be you don't need a booster at all and a simple 4 way passive splitter will do.
I was recently asked to look at someones TV system who were having hum bars on their TVs. The fault was a duff capacitor in a distribution amplifier/splitter. Fixed the amplifier then realised they did not need as there was a massive signal. Replaced it with a passive splitter

i have a labgear in the loft , been fine for last 4 years , powered from the TV1 so a small unit by th etv plugged in and that powers the loft as at the time, i could not be bothered to try and find/run power in loft -
this is mine https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Produc...eiC_4dXEY00TqdAcqQIVAL8Ac56wn3C4aAobaEALw_wcB
but at the time i think i paid under £20 , works great and currently runs 3 TV and a PVR , i have plans to put points in every room & conservator , I also have an radio aerial as well installed , so i can use DAB & FM Radios connections

In my last house I had a 6way SLx , which was providing TV & Radio to 6 devices , Radios & TVs - I had it running for maybe 20+ years mid 90's

Have you measured the signal levels and bit error rates off the aerial? It could well be you don't need a booster at all and a simple 4 way passive splitter will do.
I was recently asked to look at someones TV system who were having hum bars on their TVs. The fault was a duff capacitor in a distribution amplifier/splitter. Fixed the amplifier then realised they did not need as there was a massive signal. Replaced it with a passive splitter
No I haven't. but going on experience of my last house (1/2 a mile away) you need high gain aerials because we are surrounded by hills. I had a booster there too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back