TV in caravan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a 22" TV in my trailer caravan. It is 230v as I use an electric hook up on sites. At the moment I put the TV back in the box it came in and store it under a bed when towing the van.
I'd like to mount it on a wall bracket and simply secure it against the wall with a bungee strap while travelling. This would give me more storage space and have it all ready to use and having it wall mounted would make it easier to position.
I asked about this on a camping forum and someone suggested the TV might be damaged by vibrations from the road if left mounted while towing.
I'd appreciate the thoughts of TV experts about this.

Sponsored Links
My next door neighbour is just prep'ing a large motor-caravan for sale. It's a 6 wheel chassis. He's had it at least 12 years. I just removed two 12V LCD TVs that have been installed in it for 8-10 years. They're going on Ebay. My guess is that he has averaged about 1500 miles per year. Both TVs were mounted. The 20" one on a pedestal mount that slides forward and rotates. The 15" one of the overhead cabinets in the rear compartment bunk area. Both seemed to have survived fine along with his satellite dish and receiver and a VHS recorder.

Damage is possible with anything if you're either unlucky or careless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back