TV Signal Transmitter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just moved home, the TV aerial socket is on an outside wall and the only place for the TV is across the other side of the room. :(

Is there such a thing as a TV signal transmitter which will enable me to avoid the major task off lifting carpets and floorboards to cross the room? :D

Sponsored Links
Yes they were produced to allow video to be viewed in all rooms of the house think they are called "Video Senders" but many are illegal to use in UK as they used the same frequency as TV. To work you would need to use a Freeview box and sender at aerial then receiver with TV so the TV works like a monitor and you select the program with Freeview box. A google shows Argos do one at £26.50 plus you would need a Freeview box. (Legal type)

I wouldn't bother with a sender for my main tv. Quality of signal is affected by microwaves, wireless internet, tv remotes etc. Can't you pin the cable around the edge of the room?

Sponsored Links
If you do get one pay a little extra and get the 5GHz versions not the 2.6GHz. The 2.6GHZ share the frewuencies with bluetooth and wireless networks so suffer a lot more from interferance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back