two cheap combi's connected in parallel

When I said water flow rate was not a problem, I mean I've got very good supply flow rate/pressure. I think, however that the gas supply limit is the problem, yep, need to consider a system with hot water storage (the thing I was trying to avoid)

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts

Sponsored Links
Tony - do you have the link for the other disscussion?

I think Tony was thinking of a different web site jayjay

lcgs

I was perhaps a bit quick to call the gas flow rate a show stopper...

First of all, I'm not going to have a gas fire - what's the point with a well designed central heating system? Second thing is the cooker. two options here:
1) simplest would be to go for an electric hop (oven will obviously be elec fan). Have been considering one of these quick response ceramic, or induction things - very neat and easy to clean.
2) Simply accept that you can't have 2 showers, 4 rings, the washing machine etc all going at the same time and regulate it - I guess the domestic meter has a regulator on it anyway. The chances are that when people are having showers etc, the cooker hob will not be on, so I don't see this as a problem.

Okay, so I'm back in business...
Who's done it, or can see the [obvious] benefits and is willing to think it through?

Sponsored Links
JAyjay there's nothing new about the idea - several of those responding have done it. It isn't that we're not "willing to think it through" okay?
The issues have been outlined to you and I repeat, they vary between manufacturers. Individual configuration needs a heating engineer - someone who can see potential problems which you won't - to determine.

nb
You might want a gas fire - they look nice!

"The chances are that when people are having showers etc, the cooker hob will not be on, so I don't see this as a problem. "
You might not, but you don't matter! Gas safety and regulations are all that matter.

If you want two combis fine, but you'll probably need the next size meter up, a U16 instead of a U6. Not a problem. Different gas fitter's permit required to connect to it, but he'd put valves immediately after it so everything downstream would be "Domestic".

24kW condensers typically use 2.6 cu m/hr so you get a bit of spare but they are fussier on pipework. Sums need to be done.

Thanks ChrisR, lots of good stuff there

Gas fire: I take your point, but simply looking nice is not the sole reason to fit one - we have to take into account other factors, like supply capacity ;o). You can always buy a nice picture if you want something that looks nice.

Anyway - back to the original question...
I am getting the general feeling that people don't think it's a good idea, and to go for a HW storage solution.

ok, i conceed :LOL: . i was just forwarning you off the problems likely to be encounted. As said i've come across banks of boilers tee'd together but never seen any where dhw has been joined together on the outlet of both.Speak to the manufacturers they'll tell you if it works and how to achieve it. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back