Two-thirds of UK’s furloughed workers continued job in Covid-19 lockdown

• Thread starter sodthisforfun
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
I've certainly heard of one or two companies abusing the scheme, and workers feeling obliged to go along with it. I blame the companies rather than the workers.

Yes totally. It's fraud though by these companies innit? They'll get away with it though because hard to prove and probably cost more to prove it.

Sponsored Links
I thought the furloughed workers could seek an alternative income, but not the same employer.

I've certainly heard of one or two companies abusing the scheme, and workers feeling obliged to go along with it. I blame the companies rather than the workers.
Yes, that’s true. A mate in the motor trade is in the same position. He’s working all this week while still on furlough. Tells me that the boss has not furloughed himself so if the company are caught out by vat receipts/part invoices/customers etc he can say that he did it. My mate ain’t happy about it but like he said, what can he do about it without falling out with the boss?

I mentioned it a while ago. https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/furlough-fraud.547366/

Yes, that’s true. A mate in the motor trade is in the same position. He’s working all this week while still on furlough. Tells me that the boss has not furloughed himself so if the company are caught out by vat receipts/part invoices/customers etc he can say that he did it. My mate ain’t happy about it but like he said, what can he do about it without falling out with the boss?

I mentioned it a while ago. https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/furlough-fraud.547366/
I was trying to find your thread to put this news up on!

The difficulty is the limitation of the scheme.

it prevented furloughed workers from working in the same job -so companies that furloughed workers thinkin gthey were doing the right thing discovered they ad nobody available to go in and help work on alterations to reopen.

its also been widely abused by companies to try and get cashflow.

also been abused by workers who knew they would be due for being laid off persuaded companies to furlough them until Oct.

lets be honest its a dog eat dog world anybody given the opportunity to get some money probably took it

They can. My wife is doing it with her second job. Totally legit.
Totally legit apparently, but morally right?

And how about people claiming money for work that they wouldn't have been doing anyway?

Seems to me that people were happy to rise up against MP's 'expenses' claims, but are then happy to work the system themselves!

Totally legit.

Thanks for the confirmation, not that I needed it.

FF930D11-311E-4C01-9149-21949D5629EA.gif

Last edited:
And mottie yet again refuses to answer the main questions...

He's admitted to receiving taxpayers money by deception and his 'moll' is playing the system...

It's gonna come back to bite mottie in the bum when all this debt has to be paid back!

Sponsored Links
Back