Two-thirds of UK’s furloughed workers continued job in Covid-19 lockdown

• Thread starter sodthisforfun
  • Start date
But but... entrepreneurs are the engines of this economy and are deified...

I posted at the time when he brought in his policy - it would be a massive waste of money, open to fraud and delay the inevitable.

Sponsored Links
It's gonna come back to bite mottie in the bum when all this debt has to be paid back!
Let’s get this right, we're ALL going to be bitten on the bum when all this debt has to be paid back. Difference is, all us double dippers will have it in the bank to pay back. ;)

Client I was working for until end of June was requiring it's contractors to furlough for 2 weeks twixt July and August. No pay of course, issue was they still wanted you to work. In other words 2 weeks unpaid work. Hmm.

Totally legit apparently, but morally right?

And how about people claiming money for work that they wouldn't have been doing anyway?

Seems to me that people were happy to rise up against MP's 'expenses' claims, but are then happy to work the system themselves!

Our moral guardian. [Sigh]

You're my hero!

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Let’s get this right, we're ALL going to be bitten on the bum when all this debt has to be paid back.
They'll be quite a few who will escape the debt...

Difference is, all us double dippers will have it in the bank to pay back. ;)
Don't forget to put that on your 'rap sheet'...

Karma is a beautiful thing :)

it would be a massive waste of money,

it's not a waste of money if it means people have got money to spend to minimise the effect on the economy, or has afforded people the luxury of time to find alternative employment, i imagine it has even saved lives by providing money to those that would have been made redundant instantly at the start of the lockdown.

what would you have done as an alternative?

Client I was working for until end of June was requiring it's contractors to furlough for 2 weeks twixt July and August. No pay of course, issue was they still wanted you to work. In other words 2 weeks unpaid work. Hmm.
Could have been tricky for some, up until the end of June you could only furlough for a minimum of three weeks. From July 1st on, you couldn’t go on the furlough scheme unless you had already been on it previous to July 1st....

-so companies that furloughed workers thinkin gthey were doing the right thing discovered they ad nobody available to go in and help work on alterations to reopen.

Makes you wonder how any business with so little acumen survived pre-'rona...... :whistle:

Not sure how true this is but:

"The majority of people who have been furloughed have carried on working during lockdown, with men significantly more likely than women to flout the rules of the scheme and work for their employer when they are not allowed to do so."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...4MK8ztWAWk2AnZLPVAMFhuQIT4#Echobox=1596957010

So... will the gov reclaim the money?!

Definitely true, and obvious too.
For years, presenteeism has been reported as common across British employees ; in that climate, its no surprise that workers felt compelled to "be a team player", as credit for when the knives were being drawn later this year......

Sponsored Links
Back