Two toilets on same soil pipe problem

View media item 36742Are you saying the old loo has been resited to roughly where the circle is?
If so, are you using the original connection on that junction, i.e. the left one in the picture?

Yes the new toilet is roughly where you have marked it, no didn't use the original connection as is just a 90 degree bend on end, a tee piece is fitted with sweep towards downpipe.

Sponsored Links
Is the centre line of the waste outlet in the old family WC above the level of the horizontal pipe going left to new WC position. (Like Nige F's suggested Marley drwg.)

Or is it level with pipe and suffering from back wash from new WC position when that is flushed.

Apart from a one way 'cat flap' valve inserted in the pipe between old family WC and new position WC, which they don't make :eek: some sort of height adjustment looks likely. Either raising the old wc or lowering the newly positioned WC.

Just make sure that the newly installed WC has a swept tee and that it is allowing a directed flow outwards to the down pipe.
(Swept tee's make the water flow easier in that direction, but it may have one, but the water is still backing up!)

Can you not call back the plumber who recently installed, he may have a better idea to overcome the problem.

Centre line of new WC is about 210mm from floor level and centre line of existing family bathroom WC is about 195mm, however as the new WC pipe drops down to the Tee piece the main soil pipe is lower than 210mm, but don't think there is very much of a fall if any towards downpipe.

The existing family bathroom WC was just a 90 degree bend from WC to soil pipe, so think this needs raising to give a better fall to downpipe.

There is a sweep tee fitted correctly to the new WC but if the fall isn't steep enough or horizontal then I guess getting backwash when flushed.

Do they make any WC pans with a higher than normal outlet pipe or maybe I install another wall hung pan but slightly higher?

I intend to contact plumber who fitted it, just wanted to see what ideas etc were available prior to speaking to him.

This photo of family bathroom was taken at original build and shows WC pipe connection.

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back