Types of Loft Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some top layer insulation to go at right angles to the base layer. Went into Wickes today and noticed that their top layer mentions "perforated to 400mm and 600mm for easy fit". Seems to mention this on all of their insulation.

The last time I bought top layer, the width was around 1.2m with no perforations.

I can understand if the base layer is sized up for 600mm and 400mm but don't understand why the top layer is also 600/400. I asked the sales rep about this and he didn't seem to understand the difference.

I assume perforations means that the insulation tears easily, so maybe no good for a top layer?

Can anyone give me some advice please?

Sponsored Links
The perforation help you to split the insulation at those measurements if desired. The effects of heat loss by using this as a continuous insulation layer, will be very minimal, if at all. I would not be over concerned if using this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back