UFH Electrical Fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone offer advice on what may be causing my boiler and pump not to kick in when my UFH zone is switched on. I have 2 separate manifolds. One works snd the other doesn’t. The one that doesn’t has power snd the actuators switch on and electric valve opens but the pump and boiler light remain off and neither fire up. (Green lights show in the switch panel above manifold to show actuators are powered on)
Could it be my pump is faulty but shouldn’t I still see the boiler light switch on if I had just a faulty pump?

Attachments

• C4760F01-1123-414A-9E5A-936A0509FD4F.jpeg
    C4760F01-1123-414A-9E5A-936A0509FD4F.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 97
  • 7D6BB481-636D-42E0-93D8-EC709882C9B8.jpeg
    7D6BB481-636D-42E0-93D8-EC709882C9B8.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 88
Sponsored Links
More likely the ufh controller is faulty, can you remove the cover and take a pic of the wiring.

Here you go..... Thank you

Attachments

• FECBCA43-5422-49D9-AE3A-DEF3D2AB2911.jpeg
    FECBCA43-5422-49D9-AE3A-DEF3D2AB2911.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 77
If you have a multimeter check you have 240vac on the orange wire coming from the two port valve when the ufh is calling for heat, the valves are the usual weak spot .

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I don’t have multimeter but have just ordered one from Amazon. I’ll check thanks

Ah sorry yes the electronic valve is working fine. When I call for heat I hear it open. And closes when I turn thermostat down. I do get hot water through this valve to the manifold when my other manifold is on. It’s just the pump isn’t pumping it round and my flow meters remain up.

The valve maybe opening and closing but you need to make sure the end switch in the valve is connecting, its this switch that brings the boiler and pump on hence the need for a multimeter.

Hi again. I tested the voltage on the orange and it does get 240v when calling for heat. No voltage on the pump terminals.

I just tried my system and for the first time I noticed one or could have been both red lights turn on but immediately turned off. Green lights remained on.

Then the ufh controller is kaput, probably a relay gone but easier to replace the whole unit,

Can I ask if this resolved the problem as I have exactly the same issue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back