UFH house seems cold

32B3EACA-FB46-47E1-BD1A-C75A160F3371.jpeg
Loop 9...

Sponsored Links
It's the red nipple that's important there, and depending on the area it serves might need to be more in line with the others.

The dataplate is usually to the right of the Joule sticker and has lots of numbers.

Also the DAB pump should probably be on speed 3 not 1.

Jsut to check.. being as you have a high temperature heat source (boiler) rather than low temp (air/ground source heat pump/ solar)... then there should/might be an over-heat thermostat. The objective of the stat is to stop the cirulating pump (to prevent the floor overheating) incase the blending valve fails open. Check your thermostat - if you have one, there there wil be a vial or thermistor attached to the hot manifold, going off to a box with a dial on it.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan, below is the dataplate info. Loop 9 is for “Bed 3” which isn’t helpful as it’s a 4 bed house and most of the rooms are the same size!

Should I move the DAB to speed 3 then?

I’m in Bath now, moved from Reading, I should update my profile.
AFE2CCE7-A192-46F1-ABD1-B02F633BE761.jpeg

Could topping up the boiler fix the issue? Perhaps I should wait 24 hours to see if it’s made any difference to the temperature?

It might do. And moving the pump speed too.

Other than that you need to know how much pipe is in the Floor and what the heatloss of the rooms are. A decent heating engineer with a thermal camera might be you next call, if only to suss out what does what, with the loops.

Last edited:
Thank you - do I literally just change the DAB to 3 or do I need to do anything first, like switch the boiler off etc.?

First things first... Keep an eye on the system pressure and see if it holds at around 1.5bar (cold) to 2.5bar (hot) for a few days... Cable tie a clear plastic bag around the discharge and see if it fills with water. Report back if it does.

Hi, the heating has been running since 2am (having gone off at 10pm) last night. It’s not particularly cold outside and whilst topping up the boiler seems to have nudged up a few rooms a degree or two, some are still at 19 degrees now - considering heat has been delivered for 8.5 hours, this doesn’t seem right.

Do I need to increase the blend/mix to get the water temperature slightly higher?

Here are pics from this morning - is that dial showing the temp of the water? Do I need to twist that white knob to increase water temp?

I couldn’t find an overheat stat to see whether that’s just been set low.

7F0D7B95-B9B0-4DA4-B505-C185F7F0C850.jpeg

E062E34F-7E13-40A8-B1E4-6343986F9159.jpeg

I should say that the house is 2 years old and there are two other identical houses with the same spec, who don’t have this issue. So I suspect that it’s just config/settings that need tweaked. For sure, there have been plenty of other snags!

Limestone in the kitchen, bathrooms and hallway. Engineered wood in the living room and dining room. Carpets in the bedrooms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back