UFH - Overlay/Retrofit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am struggling to find many reviews from people who have installed overlay underfloor heating systems. Would be interested to hear thoughts of how people who have it installed and whether they rate it?

I have a 115sq/m bungalow that I am looking to install UFH into. Floor is concrete with no insulation in the slab. It would be primary source of heating, getting rid of a old single line central heating system.

I've had quotes off UFHstore.com (Prowarm system), Nu-heat (lopromax & lopro10 systems) & UFH1 so far.

Some difference in between quoted prices with what I'm beginning to find are similar systems essentially, either XPS board/gypsum board and different pipe size / and or spacing ultimately affects what Wattage/per sqmtr will be achieved.

Any recommendations/views would be much appreciated. As said very little in terms of information on the overlay systems, we have looked at excavating and installing a conventional UFH system but have ultimately decided against it. We would probably look to take off the top layer 40mm or so of screed to allow the install height of the overlay system to remain roughly the same.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I've fitted a lot of NuHeat LoPro Max and have many happy customers as a result

Sponsored Links
Floor is concrete with no insulation in the slab. It would be primary source of heating

I dotn think those 2 go together.

UFH works great as an inscreed system over 100mm insulation.

It doesnt work great over uninsulated concrete.

How would you take off 40mm of screed?

I dotn think those 2 go together.

UFH works great as an inscreed system over 100mm insulation.

It doesnt work great over uninsulated concrete.

How would you take off 40mm of screed?
They do go together if you use the correct system. LoPro Max is designed to be laid directly onto the existing floor with no digging

I am thinking of doing similar have you found a good supplier yet? I have wet UFH in my extension but now I am renovating the older side of the house I want to add a retrofit system in. There isn't much info out there on it and how well it performs. I think I may just go with the same brand i used last time with XPS boards and a overlay board as advised, I will add two pipe drops in the walls just in case I have to go back to rads if it doesn't work out :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back