UFH return/flow piped wrong way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I believe my return and flow into my UFH has been done the wrong way around. The return (blue) is hot but the flow (red) is cooler.

The system is an Emmeti FMU3 and I've attached the instructions for it. On page 3 it explains what's happening in the mixing part.

And here's a video of it

What's going to be the best way of sorting this out?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpeg
    IMG_0010.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Emmeti-Installation-Instructions-FMU3-March-2018.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
Well that would make sense but what are the temps ? of the blue out and red in.

Last edited:
Yes, 13 and 14 are the wrong way round. It's the blue which is hotter than the red...

Well time to get creative with the push fit plumbing and swap the feed/return over...if your sure. Any warranty from the installer ?

Sponsored Links
The house was built in 2018 but moved into it a few years ago. Wonder if it's worth contacting the original developers?!

The plumber was saying it's quite a job, draining down the system and there isn't really much space in the manifold to swap the pipes around, would have to be done in the airing cupboard. I'd be pleased if they can do it for that much, that's a typical call out charge!

Why would they drain the system down when the shutoff is literally an inch obce where the pipes come in..

Not sure it's going to be possible to switch these pipes around in that small a space...

The problem pipe will be what is currently the flow (right hand pipe), very little room to work with in there, the floor section would need to come up to see if you could get to the pipe properly though you say there's an airing cupboard below? If so and access is clear then that makes it much easier.

Yes the system would need to be de-pressurised, though the UFH can be isolated so it all depends on what else is above that flow and return pipework as far as any of the rest of the system is concerned, that'll determine what may drain down.

The airing cupboard is on the same floor as the UFH (first floor) so presumably first and second would need to be drained. In the airing cupboard the flow and return of the UFH can be seen and there is plenty of space to work around. What would be a rough cost for this so I can be sure what to expect?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back