UFH S plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all Ive installed a polyplumb UFH system in my house with a manifold upstairs and downstairs.. ive wired it using 5 core from immersion closet to each manifold and also to the boiler.. The HW and UFH work fine but im unable to shut off the CH from the Hortsmann programmer im using.. ie the UFH is always on.. How would i run my UFH thru the programmer?? any suggestions would help. thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Well, it's rather difficult to see from here.

Obviously you have made a mistake in the connections so you will have to check your wiring.

Presumably, if you cannot control it by the programmer then you have by-passed the programmer.

Does each manifold have a controller with heads to each zone or is each floor one big zone ?
If the former then use the CH part of the programmer to shut off each manifold controller. If the latter then you would need a zone valve on each floor controlled by a room stat. The stats would be fed from the CH part of the t/clock.

Is there another 2 port valve for the HW ?

Sponsored Links
Yeah Ricicle each manifold has 6 different zones controlled by 6 different stats. Its a polyplumb kit so it has a master wiring centre at each manifold.. each manifold has its own pump and zone valve which get wired to the master unit. Yes there is a zone valve coming off the immersion for HW whick works fine.. EFLImpudence is right ive definitely bypassed the programmer. My5 cores are all connected in the immersion closet.. L,N E and sw live which then go on to the manifolds and boiler.. cant figure out how to wire it through the CH part of the programmer. its a horstmann channelplus h27. cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back