Ugly boiler and pipes - How to hide boiler in cupboard and possible move pipes so not visible

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I will shortly be changing my kitchen and the most difficult part of this project will be to completely hide the boiler inside a hanging cupboard or worse case to build a tall wardrobe to hide the boiler and all pipes inside. The problem is the location is hard to build a floor to ceiling cupboard as its not in an ideal location. I guess our carpenter could build a cupboard where the door swings on left hinge with storage underneath but would lose the worktop area below it and need to allow space for access for repairs. The boiler is bulky and has 3 pipes running down the wall. Also a large filter on top (PHOTO ATTACHED)

Ideally I'd like to relocate the pipes so they don't run directly down the wall into the worktop. Id rather avoid having a fake piece of wall or plastic sticking out under the boiler where the pipes run.

Is there a possibility to relocate the 3 pipes - 1 plastic and 2 metal that run directly down from the boiler to under the cabinet. I'm wondering if they could be re-directed either by chasing the metal pipes in the wall or for plastic pipe and metal to be re-routed so they run horizontally across to the right side and then drops down under the cupboard in top right hand corner of the wall ( allowing for some type of coving or false wall to hide the pipes).

Worst case I could move the boiler completely to another location but would rather avoid if possible.

I attach a photo showing the pipes running down the wall under the boiler (BEFORE photos). Will post after photos when I'm done.

Do you think these pipes can be hidden or re-routed so I can have a nice empty wall and work surface. I attach an example of what I'd like visually.

Thanks

Attachments

• kitchen_model.jpeg
    kitchen_model.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 193
  • Screenshot from 2023-07-17 18-01-18.png
    Screenshot from 2023-07-17 18-01-18.png
    171.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back