Uk beard trimmer in the US?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will a UK beard trimmer work okay with an adapter in the USA? I wonder because I see many outlets in bathrooms for beard trimmers in the UK made for trimmers that run on 120v.

Anyway, do you think a normal adaptor will do, or will I need a step-down transformer in order to properly charge the beard trimmer?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Read the specs for whatever trimmer you want to buy (or have bought), if it can run on 120V (or thereabouts) it will be fine. If it needs 240V then you won't be able to run it from a normal american outlet. In that case you will either need to either use a step-up transformer or get a suitable 240V socket installed across both hots (assuming a normal american split phase system).

Most shavers and like either have a switch to change to 110v or 240v or have a switched mode power supply which will work on anything ac or dc from 100v to 250v. The same applies with many laptops.

However this does not apply to all so as already stated you need to read the plate and see what it says.

Will a UK beard trimmer work okay with an adapter in the USA?
Do any of them work over there?

zz-top-american-idol-season-5-grand-finale-arrivals-14t5cg.jpg

;)

Sponsored Links
my beard trimmer runs on batteries. AFAIK that is quite usual.

but if you have a mains-powered shaver sort of thing, it should work OK on a dual-voltage shaver outlet which has an isolating transformer inside. They are very common in Europe. Are they common over there?

Hardly anywhere in Europe uses 110v appliances, it is standard to have about 220v to 240v, these 110v outlets are provided for the benefit of foreign visitors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back