Uk > Euro travel Adapter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need a travel adapter that can withstand a 2200w hair dryer, 3kw kettle and a dyson vacuum cleaner. The trouble is the uk>euro adapters rated at 10amp don't seem to be up to the job; with either the fuse popping or under the sheer draw/heat starts to melt.

Does any one happen to have any recommendations? Apart form cutting of the plug and placing a euro plug on it. Thanks?

Sponsored Links
Not all at once I hope!
Get yourself a European plug, a UK trailing socket, half a metre of 1.5mm 3 core flex, and an electrician who can make a lead.

I take one of these
and one of these
when I go to Europe. That way there are plenty sockets for phones, tablets etc.

Well you are asking to kill yourself. That adapter has no earth pin, nor any shutters on its output. It does not comply with any countries safety standards. It won't fit recessed sockets which are very common in Europe.
It will fit in the bin however which is where it should go.

Sponsored Links
Those are just generic pictures I took from the net. But, thanks for your advice, I'll bear it in mind. :rolleyes:

In addition to Winston1's suggestion to make up a 4/6 way trailer with a Schuko (European) plug on the end of the cable, you can buy a dual UK socket which plugs directly into a Schuko socket. CPC FArnell have them on their website (part no PL11545) The fact that this item is advertised to carry 13A *implies* that it is earthed, but please check yourself.
(Please note. There are other suppliers of this, or similar items)

Those are just generic pictures I took from the net. But, thanks for your advice, I'll bear it in mind. :rolleyes:
Some more advice

Use a camera to take a photograph of the actual adaptor you take to Europe instead of posting photograph of something that a sensible person would never use.

Thanks again for being so helpful. It's a miracle I ever managed to live this far, I'm really grateful for all the advice I get here.

Sponsored Links
Back