Ultion lock. Buy 6 keys or replace with something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a new door with an Ultion lock and 3 keys. There are 6 of us here and a few spares are a good idea.

6 keys would cost us £95. Wondering if I should swap it for something else that could be better and with cheaper keys?

Sponsored Links
By the time you bought another lock with 6 keys would it be that much cheaper than buying 3 extra keys for the lock you already have?

I think it would be cheaper with the new one.

When I was googling the Ultion keys I found some videos showing how easy they are to break into so maybe they aren’t as good as they are supposed to be.

Another way to look at it is there's better locks than the ultion, what are the chances of someone exploiting that known vulnerability I don't know, the avocet gets good reviews and it might be worth getting some online prices with 6 keys, I know you'll be buying another lock with 6 keys rather than just 6 keys but you'll end up with a better lock

Sponsored Links
I just thought of something else too.

I could get a new lock for the back door so 1 key does them all.

My local place do the Avocet locks, are these the right kind?:

https://www.abbeyarchitectural.co.uk/ProductGrp/Avocet_ABS_Cylinder_Brass_Chrome

For a thumbturn lock on the front door, normal lock on the back and 6 keys it’s £117. Any more keys are £6 rather than £15 for the Ultion.

0BE5AE4D-E18C-40BA-AB8D-3D768D8F1DF9.png

Does anyone know if I could buy a 3rd lock in the future to match the new Avocet ones?

Definitely worth having keyed alike locks.

Dont know if you can add keyed alike ABS -you can with normal 6pin euro cylinders -they need a key to do it though.

ABS (suppliers) will produce keys and locks later with a security code you're provided with. You can secure the code online so only you can authorise new items.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back