unbalanced shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just ripped out a shower room due to tile fail etc.

it was fitted with a Gainsbrough ambassador mixer concealed, via two 15 mm feeds. (fitted around 2001)

Worked fine and gave a good shower, i got two rooms that had been done like this when i got the house with same shower etc. The other works fine too just checked.

So fitted a triton shower bar today to the two 15mm feeds to find no hot power.

Looks like its been plumbed mains cold and gravity hot.

its a converted chapel with bedrooms down stairs, loft tank is at least 35 feet about shower, hot cylinder is on ground floor same level a shower room.

From reading today i know unbalanced systems should not work but it did and does on the old shower.

Any ideas why it is not with the triton shower bar ?

With it being an old chapel changing plumbing will be a real issue as will getting electric for to the room.

I tired turning the cold off to see if the hot ran with any power but it did not, should it if they was enough pressure ? or am i being dim.

Do shower bars have less chance of working on this rubbish set up.

I could get another gainsbrough but worried that maybe water regs have changed since these have been fitted.

I search and venturi showers cam up but cant find many for sale, would this work ? Not sure if the Trevi one is still made and it does state a 22mm hot feed.

Any ideas appreciated.

Regards
M

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back