Under floor insulation and Air Bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently had a set of french doors removed from one of our external walls and replaced with a bad window. The room has suspended floors so the brickwork for the new bay has an air brick in it. I want to put celotex under the floor boards to help with insulation but have a few questions.

The new joists for the floor board sit on some bricks (where the old french doors sat on) so the joists here are roughly 75mm. If I use 50mm celotex is the remaining 25mm gap between bottom of the insulation and top of the bricks enough for sufficient air flow to allow for good air circulation?

My second question is how far back from the air brick should I stop with the insulation?

Thanks for your help on this and please let me know if I'm not explaining myself properly.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back