Under sink water heater installation problem (a right pain in the Ariston)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I've recently installed an under sink water heater with expansion controls. I've got the mains going through an isolator valve then into a pressure reducing valve. This seems to be where my problem is. When I open the isolator valve the water flows for a few seconds, the taps work then "THUNK". The water is cut off. If I open the isolator very slightly it works for a bit longer but soon cuts out again. Could the mains pressure be too low or high for the PRV?
Thanks for any help. The local plumber here has recently retired.

Sponsored Links
Is the prv installed the right way round? There will be a flow direction arrow on the valve body.

Ha ha! Brilliant. You spend ages threatening an inanimate object with extreme violence, cursing the manufacturer and getting ready to march down to Screwfix for a replacement and then you realise you're an idiot.

Many thanks, Elkato531

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back