Underfloor Heating (Bathroom)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We are extending our bathroom and are thinking of replacing the radiator/towel rail with an electric underfloor heating kit.

The kit we would require is rated at 1300W and I would be grateful of some advice as to whether a dedicated circuit (RCD) would be required or would a fused spur off the 1st floor ring main suffice?

Sponsored Links
What do the manufacturers suggest? I would put it on it's own RCD protected circuit but at just over 5A you could run it from a spur (as long as the circuit you are spurring from is RCD protected).

Remember that work in the bathroom is notifiable and you must do this BEFORE you start the work.

davy_owen_88 said:
What do the manufacturers suggest? I would put it on it's own RCD protected circuit but at just over 5A you could run it from a spur (as long as the circuit you are spurring from is RCD protected).

We are just trying to get an idea of the what's involved to see if it is worthwhile, so haven't chosen a specific manufacturer yet. What's the going rate for a new circuit v's a fused spur off the ring main.

davy_owen_88 said:
Remember that work in the bathroom is notifiable and you must do this BEFORE you start the work.

Since I will not be doing the work myself do I still need to notify

Sponsored Links
If you use an electrician who is registered with one of the self-certification schemes then no you don't need to notify it.

Find one here...

I can't give an estimate for the cost because that varies greatly with location and electrician used. Get as many quotes as you can and go with the spark that you feel most comfortable dealing with (probably won't be the cheapest).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back