Underfloor heating & boiler behaviour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy New Year all.

I was wondering if anyone could help with a query?

We have underfloor heating for the entire downstairs, 4 controlled zones, 6 loops (2 rooms have 2 loops). It's been working fine since we moved in, however with the drop in temperatures outside the rooms have been on the cooler side, one room the thermostat is on permanently even in set back as it's outside the 4 degree band.

Since having a look at what's what I've noticed that the boiler (GW Ultracom 30hxi) will fire the water temp to the set temp of 65 then allow the flow to fall back to late 30s or early 40s before going again. Is this right?

It works perfectly when running the radiators upstairs, flow/return has the right temp differential and I can see it modulating the output properly, whereas with the underfloor the output shows 3 flame icons each and every time. Shouldn't it keep the water temp closer to the set value?

I've checked for errors on the boiler and the only entry is a value of "nnn". Is this no error as it's not listed in the manual?

TIA

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back