underfloor heating flow meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed that one of the underfloor heating flow meter red indicators (see pic attached) constantly points to (nearly) 3 L/min (see the picture attached), even when heating not in use; Other indicators will move back to zero when not being heated. I am a bit concerned. Is it shown some leaking in underfloor heating (although no visible leakage)? Or inefficient underfloor heating? Is it normal?

Please advise.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8060.jpg
    IMG_8060.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 193
Sponsored Links
Quite a big leak if it's losing 3 litres a minute, more likely to be a stuck flow meter I think, but you can test it by turning off the two isolation valves on the left of the manifold and seeing if it returns to zero

Thank you! hope it is not leaking somewhere.I do not see any visible leakage though. Noticed that problem 5 days ago, if it's losing 3 litres a minute. I should see wet floor, right? Very nervous now. other loops shows nearly 2.5 or 3 L/min as well when heated, but goes back to zero when heating is off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back