Underfloor heating issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View media item 54017View media item 54018View media item 54019

I have recently moved into a house which has some underfloor heating that I don't believe is working correctly, I'll try and explain the issue. My kitchen and dining area has 4 heating loops controlled by actuators and one thermostat. Across the feed and return pipes from left to right are a pressure relief valve, the temp control valve and the pump before the manifold.

There is some flow showing on the manifold meters, I've checked the pump and this is working.

The issue I have is that the manifold is not even getting luke warm, also the red feed isolating valve on the manifold will not shut off completely which indicates to me there may be a part blockage. The feed and return pipes leading to the prv are very hot and it appears that all the water is flowing through this as this prv pipework is also very hot. Immediately after this there is next to no heat at all.

I'm thinking of mains flushing through each loop and disconnecting the manifold, pump etc to also flush through and look for a blockage. I'm a bit stumped however as there is some flow but no heat. Could the prv be faulty so that the heat is taking the route of least resistance?

Any advice gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
your pictures are not showing as you have made them private,
I dont think you will have a Pressure relief valve fitted either, Its probably a differential valve

Matt

Thanks, noticed that, have been trying to find out how to change the picture settings so they can be seen, any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back