Underfloor heating manifold problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I am hoping someone will be able to identify the manufacturer of this manifold from the picture. The system was installed by the previous owner about 20 years ago and has never worked very well even though I have sorted out several mis-wiring problems.

There is a balance issue in that one of the loops (the smallest and nearest to the manifolds) appears to rob the other three of most of the flow. How do I adjust the flow rates? (There are ports of some kind on the front, I have removed one of the caps but it is not obvious to me what they are for).

The flow gauges are unfortunately full of crud despite the whole system being descaled and inhibited in 2014. The zone I want to turn down is completely opaque, but you can just see where the other three plungers are by shining a light through from the back. However they do not move in response to the flow. Is it possible to replace the gauges individually? I am not keen to fit a complete new manifold as this will involve disturbing lots of joints.

Greatful for any help with this situation,

CJC

Attachments

• heating.JPG
    heating.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 605
Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, the basic Giacomini design seems to have changed very little over the years!

Flow adjustment seems to be very similar to the current R553 manifold so I will have a go at that even if I can't replace the flow meters.

However the meters look remarkably like the current P78MY001 which seem to be readily available, can anyone confirm that these will fit a 20 yr old manifold, and how easy is it to replace them?

TIA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back