Underfloor Heating - Multiple JG Speedfit Manifold Leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I hope you are well. I have recently moved into a property with underfloor heating. When we moved in there was no water pressure in the boiler and we noticed it only took a few weeks after filling up to drop to zero.

After investigating we can see the JG Manifold is leaking in several places (See attached)

1) Underneath the pump
2) Near the joins from the ball valve into the manifold
3) A flow meter
4) Underneath the pipe directly below the flow meter
5) The water is quite orange in this section of the manifold

So far I have brought new flow meters, rubber/fibre seals for the pump and also new ball valves.

Does anyone know what the connector is called which holds the white pipes in place, as I suspect the plastic clip that holds the pipe into the manifold is also leaking.

Finally would you recommend replacing the parts or starting again with a new manifold? Also what is the best way to treat the dark water issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• 1609968180450.jpg
    1609968180450.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 302
Sponsored Links
You shouldn't need new manifolds a decent plumber should be able to sort it out easy enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back