Underfloor heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new place with combi boiler and underfloor in one room (extension). All rads have TRVs and the only thermostat (towerstat RSP) in the house seems to be linked to the underfloor heating – would this be logical? I say that as it’s located right above the system and is powered from the same junction box as the pump

Boiler/rads are working fine as we program boiler to come on and control temperature via the TRVs but as yet can’t work out how to use the underfloor. Warm water (but not hot) is going into the system via the copper pipes on the left but that’s all I know

Is there anything you could recommend I check to see if there’s something wrong with the thermostat, pump or anything else?

Thanks
UFH_zps0dn63skh.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like a total disaster. UFH needs controlling separately from rads. preferably with a predictive start enabled controller.

Having a single controller is mental.

How can you tell that this is not controlled separately? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just moved into a new place with combi boiler and underfloor in one room (extension). All rads have TRVs and the only thermostat (towerstat RSP) in the house seems to be linked to the underfloor heating – would this be logical? I say that as it’s located right above the system and is powered from the same junction box as the pump

Boiler/rads are working fine as we program boiler to come on and control temperature via the TRVs but as yet can’t work out how to use the underfloor. Warm water (but not hot) is going into the system via the copper pipes on the left but that’s all I know

Is there anything you could recommend I check to see if there’s something wrong with the thermostat, pump or anything else?

Thanks
UFH_zps0dn63skh.jpg

F.ck me!!! Who fitted that???

Thanks for your replies so far, any ideas on possible causes or troubleshooting?

You need to get a proper control strategy.

There are various ways to do it depending on the exact layout.

Evohome is probably the easiest solution.

I know it's a year ago but I'd be interested to know how you got on with your problem.

So did the rest of us!

Don't know why he did not at least check the pump!

Says in FAQ how to do that!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back