underfloor leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been doing a job at the local replacing some waste pipes and sorting out a few leaks.
Sorted out the visible problems which i thought were causing water to run under the floor and down the cellar(behind the bar) from the top step. The floor is ply lined on top of floor boards and water seeps below the board and down the cellar steps.

Would be a big job to lift the floor and dont think it would solve the problem anyway. The leak is coming from the plastic waste as when we run water through the basin water appears at the top of steps. But the waste pipes run away from the cellar, around 14 feet under the floor which is a tiled surface on the bar side.

Water runs freely to the outside drain but is still leaking somewhere beneath the floor. is there any equipment i could hire to test where the leak is or any other ideas you might have as my man the landlord doesnt want a massive upheaval if it can be avoided but the cellar is beginning to smell

Sponsored Links
Drain tester/manometer connected either inside or outside?

How you would connect is up to you, but it should show if a leak is in the pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back