Underground drainage DIY no building regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've taken down a wall of the house, 1930s plumbing no change and when digging dirt away noticed our underground soil pipe (clay) was split below the rest bend.
On further investigate the bend (90c) next to the house was split and had roots grown in it.
As it is broken am I allowed to replace the pipe with pvc 110mm and on the bend, place a inspection chamber following regulations online, without building regulations signing off on it?
Pvc to clay coupling applied after the bend to allow for the change

Sponsored Links
Technically it may need a drain test to ensure it is sound, by building control.

In reality, follow the guides and ask on here if required, but just crack on with it.

Hi

I've taken down a wall of the house, 1930s plumbing no change and when digging dirt away noticed our underground soil pipe (clay) was split below the rest bend.
On further investigate the bend (90c) next to the house was split and had roots grown in it.
As it is broken am I allowed to replace the pipe with pvc 110mm and on the bend, place a inspection chamber following regulations online, without building regulations signing off on it?
Pvc to clay coupling applied after the bend to allow for the change
Should be OK if you know what you're doing. If a surveyor spots it when you sell the house the buyers might indemnity insurance

Blup

I have done that myself. Never notified anyone. Sold the house several years ago. No issue.

I didnt fit inspection chamber though as it wasnt needed.

Sponsored Links
It depends on surveyor being used in first place, and spotting it or the tell tale signs of it, but a risk.

Blup

Well, if they had asked me i would have said it has always been like that since i bought the house...

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back