underheating and radio code issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To cut a long story short my w reg vecta estate died last week, cam belt snapped causing 14 of 16 valves to bend. We have had it fixed but there seems to be an underheating problem, I called the garage and they said if anything its better than too hot.

Is this correct, I realise at the minute its minus 5 outside but surely the car cant be running at its ideal running temp.

I have had many vauxhalls in the past and they have all seemed to run at approx 90 or just over, mine is now running at 80 or mainly around 78.

Can anyone help me and I can decide whats best to do if I need to approach the garage.

Second thing is I assume they had battery disconnected and it has caused the radio to go off, its gone into safe mode so I dont know what to do, I cant find a code does this mean I have to go and get it decoded at a car audio shop or is there something I can do online to make it chaper, its a cdr 500 by siemens.

Thanks for any help I really appreciate it, Paul...

Sponsored Links
Maybe the garage has left the thermostat out, Paul? It could be worth asking them.
Regarding the radio code, several people on the web will give you the code for a small fee - some give it free on other forums - even Vauxhall
could be able to help. You'll need to get the serial numbers written on the side of the set.
John :)

probably an air lock in the cooling system somewhere.
Check both the pipes that go from the engine through the bulkhead are both getting hot when the car is up to temperature

Thanks chaps, dont think it could be that they left it out mind because I remember it was low before the belt went. I checked coolant levels and it was spot on which made me think it was a dodgy temp gauge or something, I just thought that when the belt went that the temp was possibly somethig to do with that too.

Going to try getting the radio out tomorrow to check for serial numbers and I will try and get that back working for boxing day which should be our next trip away.

Thanks again chaps much appreciated, Paul...

Sponsored Links
I guess its just the temperature sender thats reading low...so long as the car's heater is OK I'd be inclined to forget about it. There's no connection between that and the breaking belt.
Good luck with the radio!
John :)

Back