Undersink Heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm adding a bathroom & although I'm happy to take the bath hot water from my combi, the piperun length is too long to be satisfactory for the sink - I'd probably leave 5 times as much hot water in the pipes as I'd use in the sink.

Can anyone recommend a cost effective undersink unit? My guess is that the 9.5kw instant ones won't be hot enough & I'm not sure how much power wastage there is with the 5/10/15ltr, 2 - 3kw preheated varieties. (ie, if the sink is in use twice each morning & twice each evening, how well are they insulated & how much heat loss is there during the day etc). (Just thought - could I put one on a timer?).

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Just fitted eight Ariston unvented undersink heaters - but Thames water is involved so the property has had no water for months - onother story!!

The Instant hw devices don't give you much and you need a big electricity supply. The Vented under or oversink 3kW storage things mean you have a tap which has to be allowed to drip - a special expensive one for an Undersink type. If you use an unvented store you will need a pipe going through the wall as a pressure relief pipe in case the thing ever boiled, and a check valve, tundish and small expansion vessel, A lot of people go against the mfrs intructions and miss out the check valve, tundish and small expansion vessel - but I couldn't advise that. If your mains pressure is enormous you'd need a pressure reducing valve as well.

Those bits aren't a big problem to fit, they just take some space. The Ariston units come in 2 or 3 kW, 10 or 15 litres and are about the cheapest. They are v well insulated but yes you could use a timer if you wanted.

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt touch anything by ariston as they are so unreliable it is a joke

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back