uneven floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

Hope you can help. I have a conservatory on the back of my kitchen.
The conservatory is 20 years old and has settled since first installed and now has a slight slop to the floor. It was like this when i moved in, and i have had people in who tell me that it will not move anymore.
The floor in tiled and when the kitchen meets the conseratory the joints have opened and the grouting has come loose. it does not help that the are heating pipes under the floor at this point. i keep re-grouting but its does not last more than a years before it needs doing again and some tiles in the kitchen are now cracked. I was thinking about laying a new floor but want to avoid this problem again.
In the kitchen the tiles are layed on a hardboard on top of floor boards. and the conservatory it seems they are layed on a solid floor. Do i take the tiles up, re-level the conservatory and if so what do i re-level the floor with, i assume also the skirting in the conservation would also need to come up and be re-fitted and then re-lay tiles, would it be best to put a ply base down before tiling. im open to what flooring is best, would some kind on flooring on a roll be better and solve the problem?

your thoughts would be appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back