Uneven underside to stone resin shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a stone resin tray to fit and noticed that the underside of the tray in the area around the waste outlet is quite uneven. It looks as if it's had a grinder run over it at the factory to smooth it out a bit but it's still far from even.

I'm a bit concerned that the waste won't seal properly to the underside. I could pipe in a load of silicone around the rubber washer but I have another idea and am wondering whether anyone else has tried it and if it worked ok.

Thought about smoothing the area with a skim of car body filler (2 pack stuff) and sanding it to a level surface and then fitting the waste as normal with just a thin smear of silicone.

Any thoughts on this or any other tactics that may work well in this situation would be greatly appreciated,

many thanks

jeff

Sponsored Links
just stick to the simple solution, silicone the seal .some shower trays even give advice to do this.coupled with the oversized washer, silicone will work its wonders.if you go down the route off body filller and all. it could end in disaster.remember once i couldnt get a seal on a bath tried everything.it turned out to be the fibre glass layer.and that could happen in the same way as your idea off body filler.

A shower waste seals against the TOP of the shower tray, the underside only needs to take the nut to clamp it up.

It's only basin and some types of bath wastes that MUST be sealed on the underside, because of the way the overflow connection joins the waste.

Sponsored Links
A shower waste seals against the TOP of the shower tray, the underside only needs to take the nut to clamp it up.

It's only basin and some types of bath wastes that MUST be sealed on the underside, because of the way the overflow connection joins the waste.
A minor detail :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back