Unfixable - so what do you suggest?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With everyones years of experience on this forum and fixing, breaking down and replacing -
what advice can you give me on a new Washing Machine (up to £300), Dishwasher (up to £225) & Tumble Dryer (£200 ish)?

Is the fastest spin necessarily the best?
Best make -
Hotpoint? Hoover? Indesit? Candy? Zanussi?

All standard size needed. white pref.

Help! not many reviews online on ones i looked at this week.
so any suggestions from experience greatly received!

Ta

G

Sponsored Links
pop into your local library and look at their binder of "Which" reports. ask for September 2006 and October 2006.

Bosch are good and the most reliable. Miele are the best but too expensive for your budget. AEG are good and reliable.

Not recommended are:
Hoover, Hotpoint, Indesit, Whirlpool, Servis, Candy and Zanussi/Zanussi-Electrolux

On your budget you need a Vented drier not a condensing one.

Look at:
Washer:
AEG-Electrolux L62810
Price: £335
Score: 65 %

Drier:
Bosch WTA 4007GB Classixx
Price: £199
Score: 68 %

Your budget for a dishwasher is too low for a good one. If you see a Bosch at half-price, buy it.

If you copy the test results for 40 models and carry it around you may find something at a reduced price, e.g. when a new model comes out.

If you have a John Lewis in your town see what they have. They do very good warranties, price-match, and often have ex-display reductions. They also have proper customer service, which the sheds don't.

Are the machines all in the same place, ie do you want matched appliances?

PS
If you intend buying all 3 machines at the same time, you will be able to negotiate a discount.

also

If you have one of these ( http://www.euronics.co.uk/ ) You may find they match the best prices, mine did & free delivery & take the packing away.

Ok - went to have another look at Currys.
They have Bosch - in price range so will go for that machine.

As for tumble dryer? still dtick with bosch? or is there another make?

Ta

Sponsored Links
there are dozens of others but I read the reports and looked up the Best Buys in your price range.

Gavski said:
Ok - went to have another look at Currys.
They have Bosch - in price range so will go for that machine.

As for tumble dryer? still dtick with bosch? or is there another make?

Ta

I bet you can find a beter deal than Currys, but its probably the best place to view.

Any other suggestions then other than currys?
Next door to them is Comet but not a lot of other choice in Taunton...

Ta

Your budget is on the low side.
Bosch washing machine, but only if it's made in Germany. The polish and spanish ones aren't as good.
Surprised at the "AEG are good" but "Zanussi are not recommended".
Same machines in different skirts. Both made by Electrolux. Personally wouldn't have either.

Tumble driers. Easiest to maintain, cheap for parts and cheap to buy. White Knight (Also available with a Bosch badge and price tag).
Less than £110 in Tesco for vented model.

Dishwasher, Bosch or Whirlpool. (My personal preference is Whirlpool, easier to work on but expensive for parts).

Gavski said:
Any other suggestions then other than currys?
Next door to them is Comet but not a lot of other choice in Taunton...

Ta
Its the same place.
Have you looked on the web, once you are happy with the machines that you want go do some searches.
We are probably have to much choice in London

Yeah, I second the miele vote, good quality stuff. We have an AEG washing M/C which has stood up well to a heavy battering in the last few years. I personally wouldn't recommend Whirlpool, flimsy IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back