Universal Credit system working as intended

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Well done, Iain (Duncan) Smith!

https://www.ft.com/content/098514e0-7cda-452c-b760-0d73dfcab029

"The number of people experiencing destitution increased by more than 50 per cent to 2.4m between 2017 and 2019 — and 550,000 of them were children, according to a report published by the Joseph Rowntree foundation think-tank on Wednesday.

The charity said that young, single adults remained at highest risk of poverty, but that it had become more common to find families — especially lone mothers — living on the edge. Destitution had also become more concentrated in northern regions of the UK.

Half of those affected were applying for or claiming the universal credit benefit, and many of those interviewed by the researchers said they had fallen into destitution because of deductions made from their benefits to repay an initial advance, or to cover rent arrears, council tax loans and benefit sanctions."

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Try and find a few people who work in and administer UC, and ask them if they think it's a success.
giving free handouts to people who dont deserve or are not entitled does not sound like a success story to start with. Surely making it as difficult as possible is the only way to differentiate between the people who need ant the people that want. i’d bet that a huge percentage claiming uc are fit and well enough to work a job.

I hope nobody here ever has to apply for universal credit...

I hope nobody here ever has to apply for universal credit...

You don't need to apply according to the resident experts on here (I wonder when they have time to do their day job when they know so much about Government policy, economics, constitutional law, race relations etc) they money is just gifted to you. If you are an Asylum Seeker then you get a unlimited credit card.

Why let facts get in the way of myths?

You don't need to apply according to the resident experts on here (I wonder when they have time to do their day job when they know so much about Government policy, economics, constitutional law, race relations etc) they money is just gifted to you. If you are an Asylum Seeker then you get a unlimited credit card.

Why let facts get in the way of myths?

Oh the irony :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back