unplastered wall under bath tub.help.what do i do next.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!!! i removed the side panel on the bath tub and found that the walls under the bath havent been plastered or tiled.What do i do??? seal the walls with pva or get off my fat behind and take bath tub out then plaster the walls underneath.Has anyone got any suggestions please.If i do plaster them the what would be advisable to use.Any advice would be much appreciated.many thanks.j :idea: :idea: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Assuming that your "fat behind" doesn't want to do much then I'd suggest you take Andy's advice.
Are you intending to have the bath free standing, in which case move it and plaster and retile the room because unless you are built like Stretch Armstrong trying to plaster and tile with it in place will be a huge pain in you fat area (well impossible really).

Sponsored Links
if the wife didnt know about it and it wasnt causing damp on adjoining wall then i would almost consider your brilliant idea and put panel back on.unfortunatley she knows and damp has shown its ugly head.the walls underneath the bath are concrete blocks and some git forgot to plaster them when they installed the bath.so it looks like i will have to remove the bath and get my fat behind to plaster the walls then. :evil: the bath is surrounded by three walls and will remain this way im affraid.would of been a whole lot easier if it wasnt. :( thankyou ladylola and the other great guys.fat behind gonna be busy now.one last question.what would be best plan of action to plaster on to concrete block.multi thistle or one coat?? im gonna have to pva walls before plaster anyway.but what plaster could i use to go directly on to concrete block if any???? thankyou andy.i wish i could go with you sound advise. :LOL:

YOU HAVE A LEAK!

1. Leaking supply to the taps
2. Leaking waste pipe.
3. Faulty silicone around bath edge.
4. Faulty/loose tiles

Pick one.

Please note most baths in England are not plastered underneath!

Post pictures of under the bath.

Andy

i checked taps and waste pipes.i even put shower hose over edges of the bath around the silicone and didnt find one drip.i checked underneath the bath and found no damp around the edges of the underneath part of the bath.my only conclusion i could come to was general humidity in the room was causing it.i have even gone to the trouble of regrouting the entire bathroom.andy maybe a very small leak????? there certainly isnt a big leak otherwise i would see it running down the wall or around the bath edges.not sure andy.what would you recommend.redo sealant?????

Fill the bath up to the over flow and check that is not leaking. When the bath is filled up go around again with the shower and spray the silicone again and behind the bath taps.

Andy

thankyou very much andy.will take your advise and redo sealant.i did chechkthe overflow and saw nothing but i will definatley fill bath up and check sealant then.bath lowers when full.i didnt think of that.clever bugger you. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back